Our pet adoption program brings animals and people together. If you are looking for a new pet, Lincoln County Animal Services has a wide variety of animals to adopt; from dogs and cats to the occasional rabbit, guinea pig, pot-bellied pig and other livestock animals. The shelter also has a specially designed bonding area for people to interact and play with the animals they are considering for adoption.
Let us assist you with your adoption process. Please have the following prior to adoption
- Have a valid driver’s license, state or government issued ID showing you to be at least 18 years of age.
- Complete our Adoption Agreement (Onsite or Printable Form Below)
- Adoption fee of $85.00 for dogs, and $20.00 for cats - unless otherwise indicated by one of our special adoption events. (Payments can be made with cash, local checks or credit/debit card. We accept Discover, Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club International or JCB)
Adoption Process: One of our friendly staff members will be glad to assist you with the following procedures
- Selecting an animal that is the right fit for your family.
- Completing the Adoption Agreement- This may be completed at our shelter or you may print off the adoption form and complete it prior to your arrival.
- Processing payment
- Scheduling an appointment for your new pet to receive its vet services
- Arranging for you to pick up your new pet from the vet office or our shelter.
Every Adoption includes the following
- Rabies Vaccination
- First Round of Core Vaccinations
- 30 Days Free Health Insurance For Your Animal