Plats & Maps
Available on this system: Plat Index and Images from Book A1 to Current
The procedure for recording plats and maps is governed by G.S. 47-30 of the North Carolina statutes.
Requirements for recording plats:
- Lincoln County accepts 18" x 24" plats and 24” x 36” (see note below).
- All plats must contain either:
Certificate signed by a duly appointed Review officer
Certificate signed by the surveyor stating one of the following:
- That the survey is of an existing parcel or parcels of land and does not create a new street or change an existing street.
- That the survey is of an existing building or other structure, or natural feature such as a watercourse.
- That the survey is a control survey.
- There must be indication that the plat is a municipal boundary or municipal annexation; highway right-of-way map; or transportation corridor map.
- Plats prepared by a deceased surveyor must be certified by the Review Officer before being presented for recording.
- Fee for recording all plats is $21 per page.
Maps attached to deeds or other instruments:
- Must be no larger than 8 1/2" x 14"
- Must contain the signature of a duly appointed Review Officer
Must contain the following disclaimer:
"This map is not a certified survey and has not been reviewed by a local government agency for compliance with any applicable land development regulations."
- Fee for recording a map as an attachment is the same as the additional page fee for any recorded document.
- NOTE: Please don’t use the 24” x 36” size plats if you can get all the information needed to fit with clarity on the 18” x 24” size.
- For County and City regulations, please contact the Lincoln County Planning Department or the City of Lincolnton Planning Department