LINCOLN COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Resolution Authorizing Sale of Real Property by Sealed Bid
Pursuant to G.S. 160A-268
whereas, Lincoln County owns a 0.434 acre and a 2.585 acre tract located along the north side of Sigmon Rd., at the intersection of Sigmon Road and Generals Blvd., and known as parcel 00806 and 01285; and
whereas, North Carolina General Statute § 160A-268 permits the county to sell real property by advertisement and sealed bid;
therefore, the board of commissioners of lincoln county resolves that:
1. The Board of Commissioners hereby authorizes the sale of the following described tract of land by sealed bid:
Parcel 00806 – 0.4324 acres, zoned PB per Lincoln County GIS
Parcel 01285 – 2.585 acres, zoned PB per Lincoln County GIS
2. The county will accept sealed bids for the property until 2:00 p.m., Thursday, May 16, 2019. Bids shall be delivered to the office of the Purchasing Agent, 353 N. Generals Blvd. Lincolnton, N.C. Minimum starting bid shall be One Million Dollars ($1,000,000.00).
3. At 2:00 p.m., Thursday, May 16, 2019, all bids received shall be opened in public and the amount of each bid recorded. The record of bids shall be reported to the Board of Commissioners at their regular meeting on Monday, June 03, 2019.
4. The Board of Commissioners will determine the highest responsible bidder for the property and will award the bid by its regular meeting on June 03, 2019. Bids will remain open and subject to acceptance until the Board of Commissioners awards the bid.
5. To be responsible a bid must be accompanied by a bid deposit of five percent (5%) of the amount of the bid. A bid deposit may take the form of a cashier’s check, a certified check, or a surety bond. The deposit of the bidder to whom the award is made will be held until sale of the property is closed; if that bidder refuses at any time to close the sale, the deposit will be forfeited to the county. The deposits of other bidders will be returned at the time the Board of Commissioners awards the property to the highest responsible bidder.
6. In addition, to be responsible, a bidder must be current on payment of all property taxes owed to the county.
7. The county reserves the right to withdraw the property from sale at any time and the right to reject any and all bids.
Adopted on this 18th day of March, 2019.