November 13, 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE – LINCOLN COUNTY, NC
Lincolnton, NC – The Lincoln County Health Department continues to monitor the spread of COVID-19. The following counts are based on data reported to the Lincoln County Health Department as of today: there are 185 positive-active cases of COVID-19 in Lincoln County 2631 positive-recovered case, and 23 COVID-19 related deaths.
- It is always tragic to lose one of our community members. Our thoughts and prayers go out to these families. With regards to the 23 deaths, 9 are related to a congregate care facility. Lincoln County Health Department continues to work with congregate living facilities to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19.
- As of September 25, 2020, the health department will no longer report PUI counts for Lincoln County. As more testing sites have become available in our region, the PUIs reported to the health department do not reflect the actual number of residents who are considered a PUI.
- As of July 21, 2020, it is no longer recommended to require re-testing for negative test results (except in specific circumstances where an individual has a severe compromised immune system or pre-existing health conditions) to discontinue isolation to return to normal activities such as returning to work.
The next Lincoln County COVID-19 data update will be released on November 17, 2020.
REMEMBER THE “3 W’s” AND REDUCE YOUR RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19
- Wear a cloth face covering when in public.
- Wait in lines for service at least 6 feet apart.
- Wash your hands often.
- To find a testing site near you, visit www.ncdhhs.gov/TestingPlace
- For additional information visit the Lincoln County website and click the COVID-19 Resources tab.
- For mental health support, call the free and confidential Hope4NC Helpline at 1-855-587-3463.
English Press Release
Spanish Press Release