August 14, 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE – LINCOLN COUNTY, NC
Lincolnton, NC – The Lincoln County Health Department continues to monitor the spread of COVID-19. The following counts are based on data reported to the Lincoln County Health Department as of today: there are 125 positive-active cases of COVID-19 in Lincoln County, 755 positive-recovered case, 24 others have been tested and are considered persons under investigation (PUI) and 10 COVID-19 related deaths.
- It is always tragic to lose one of our community members. Our thoughts and prayers go out to these families. With regards to the 10 deaths, 7 are related to a congregate care facility. Lincoln County Health Department continues to work with congregate living facilities to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19.
- A PUI is a person who was tested forCOVID-19 and is self-isolating until results are received.
The next Lincoln County COVID-19 data update will be released on August 18, 2020.
- As of July 21, 2020, it is no longer recommended to require re-testing for negative test results (except in specific circumstances where an individual has a severe compromised immune system or pre-existing health conditions) to discontinue isolation to return to normal activities such as returning to work.
REMEMBER THE “3 W’s” AND REDUCE YOUR RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19
- Wear a cloth face covering when in public.
- Wait in lines for service at least 6 feet apart.
- Wash your hands often.
English Press Release
Spanish Press Release
- To find a testing site near you, visit www.ncdhhs.gov/TestingPlace
- For additional information visit the Lincoln County website and click the COVID-19 Resources tab.
- For mental health support, call the free and confidential Hope4NC Helpline at 1-855-587-3463.