August 7, 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE – LINCOLN COUNTY, NC
Lincolnton, NC – The Lincoln County Health Department continues to monitor the spread of COVID-19. The following counts are based on data reported to the Lincoln County Health Department as of today: there are 119 positive-active cases of COVID-19 in Lincoln County, 685 positive-recovered case, 31 others have been tested and are considered persons under investigation (PUI) and 9 COVID-19 related deaths.
- The Lincoln County Health Department is confirming another death associated with COVID-19 in Lincoln County. The recent death is an individual in their 80’s with no previous underlying health conditions. It is always tragic to lose one of our community members. Our thoughts and prayers go out to these families. With regards to the 9 deaths, 6 are related to a congregate care facility. Lincoln County Health Department continues to work with congregate living facilities to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19.
- A PUI is a person who was tested based on COVID-19 testing criteria and is self-isolating until test results are received.
The next Lincoln County COVID-19 data update will be released on August 11, 2020.
- As of July 21, 2020, it is no longer recommended to require re-testing for negative test results (except in specific circumstances where an individual has a severe compromised immune system or pre-existing health conditions) to discontinue isolation to return to normal activities such as returning to work.
REMEMBER THE “3 W’s” AND REDUCE YOUR RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19
- Wear a cloth face covering when in public.
- Wait in lines for service at least 6 feet apart.
- Wash your hands often.
English Press Release
Spanish Press Release
- To find a testing site near you, visit www.ncdhhs.gov/TestingPlace
- For additional information visit the Lincoln County website and click the COVID-19 Resources tab.
- For mental health support, call the free and confidential Hope4NC Helpline at 1-855-587-3463.