August 4, 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE – LINCOLN COUNTY, NC
Lincolnton, NC – The Lincoln County Health Department continues to monitor the spread of COVID-19. The following counts are based on data reported to the Lincoln County Health Department as of today: there are 90 positive-active cases of COVID-19 in Lincoln County, 665 positive-recovered case, 41 others have been tested and are considered persons under investigation (PUI) and 8 COVID-19 related deaths.
It is always tragic to lose one of our community members, and today Lincoln County reports five additional deaths due to COVID-19. Our thoughts and prayers go out to these families. With regard to the eight deaths, five are related to a congregate-care facility. Lincoln County Health Department continues to work with congregate living facilities to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19.
• A PUI is a person who was tested based on COVID-19 testing criteria and is self-isolating until test results are received.
The next Lincoln County COVID-19 data update will be released on August 7, 2020.
REMEMBER THE “3 W’s” AND REDUCE YOUR RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19
- Wear a cloth face covering when in public.
- Wait in lines for service at least 6 feet apart.
- Wash your hands often.
English Press Release
Spanish Press Release
- To find a testing site near you, visit www.ncdhhs.gov/TestingPlace
- For additional information visit the Lincoln County website and click the COVID-19 Resources tab.
- For mental health support, call the free and confidential Hope4NC Helpline at 1-855-587-3463.