July 28, 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE – LINCOLN COUNTY, NC
Lincolnton, NC – The Lincoln County Health Department continues to monitor the spread of COVID-19. The following counts are based on data reported to the Lincoln County Health Department as of today: there are 141 positive-active cases of COVID-19 in Lincoln County, 531 positive-recovered case, 28 others have been tested and are considered persons under investigation (PUI) and 3 COVID-19 related deaths.
• A PUI is a person who was tested based on COVID-19 testing criteria and is self-isolating until test results are received.
The next Lincoln County COVID-19 data update will be released on July 31, 2020.
EMERGING COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS REGARDING REINFECTION RATES
REMEMBER THE “3 W’s” AND REDUCE YOUR RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19
- Reinfection is highly unlikely once recovered, but some evidence does support the notion that reinfection is possible in some situations.
- According to early data, antibodies developed by COVID-19 infection are considered protective against reinfection for up to 3 months after initial recovery.
- At this time, there is not enough information available to determine the degree of immunity beyond 3 months.
- Wear a cloth face covering when in public.
- Wait in lines for service at least 6 feet apart.
- Wash your hands often.
COVID-19 RESOURCES IN LINCOLN COUNTY
- Lincoln County Health Department triage line, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm: 704-736-8510.
- Atrium Health triage line, 24/7: 704-512-5700
- Novant Health triage line, 24/7: 877-499-1697
- For assistance during COVID-19, Dial 211 or 888-892-1162, or Text COVIDNC to 898211
- For a COVID-19 Lincoln County Resource Guide, visit https://bit.ly/3bAeAbf
- If you are feeling stressed or overwhelmed due to COVID-19 and would like to talk to a counselor, call the free and confidential Hope4NC Helpline at 1-855-587-3463.
- To sign up to receive Citizen Alerts about emergencies or other important community news, visit https://bit.ly/2XKYx5U
- To find a testing site near you, visit www.ncdhhs.gov/TestingPlace
MONITOR INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS AS IT IS RELEASED
English Press Release
Spanish Press Release