Heating Assistance Available
Lincoln County Residents
Lincoln County DSS
Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) provides a one-time annual vendor payment to help eligible households pay their heating expense.
- Individuals 60 years and older or individuals receiving services through the Division of Aging and Adult Services may apply starting Thursday, December 1, 2022.
Please note: Individuals in this priority group will receive an automated payment to
their vendor if they receive Food and Nutrition Services (formerly Food Stamps) and
received LIEAP during the 2021-2022 season. These households will be notified of
eligibility in November 2022 and do not need to apply.
- Individuals 59 years and younger may apply starting Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
- Applications will be taken 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. M-F (with the exception of holidays) at Lincoln County Department of Social Services- 1136 East Main Street, Lincolnton, N.C. 28092.
- To apply online any time or day visit the epass.nc.gov website.
- For additional information: Lincoln County Department of Social Services (704) 732-0738.