NEW Lincoln County Emergency Notification and General Information Notification System
LINCALERTS and LINCINFO have changed!
The network is now combined into Citizen Alert!
The network is still a free service provided in a cooperative effort by Lincoln County Government and Lincolnton City Government.
- The service will be used by 9-1-1 to alert citizens of TRUE EMERGENCIES by geographic poling of addresses.
- You will receive a phone call at your home residence if you are currently in our White Pages database for evacuations or life threatening Public Safety Messages from the 9-1-1 center.
- If you are not listed, have a cellular phone, or additional preferences for contact, you will need to Opt-In and choose from many different options.
- For those who choose Opt-In subscriptions, or are a customer of local services, shall receive important INFORMATIONAL MESSAGES.
When an Alert is activated, you will see:
- The Caller ID and Number of the Government Agency sending the message.
- For emails, the sender address will also be from the agency sending the message. Please be sure to adjust your spam filter to receive these messages.
- Text Messages will show from sender (89361).
To receive alerts from the National Weather Service thru NOAA, you will need to ‘Opt-In’ for this additional free service!
You can customize and choose from a larger number of Warnings, Watches and Advisories. You can set time restrictions for when you may not want to receive these Alerts.
To Opt-In for these additional FREE services from Lincoln County CITIZEN ALERT click the link below and follow instructions to create an account.
Citizen Alert Sign-up