Appointments are taken Monday – Friday 8:30 – 4:00 pm. Call 704-736-8530 to set an appointment.
- Fee for Marriage License is $60 (NO PERSONAL CHECKS). A marriage license purchased in the Register of Deeds office of any county in NC is valid statewide. Applicants may be married anywhere in NC but the license must be returned to the county of issuance. License is valid for 60 days from date of issuance.
- Both applicants must provide identification and Social Security Card or a notarized affidavit that states "I have not been issued a social security number by the US government and I am not eligible to obtain one."
- Identification requirements:
- Over 21: All applicants must present a valid Driver's License or photo identification issued by a US Government Agency.
- Under 21: All applicants must present a valid Driver's License or photo identification issued by a US Government Agency plus certified copy of their birth certificate OR alien registration issued by the US Immigration and Naturalization Service. Foreign certificates must be accompanied by a notarized translation of the certificate. Foreign passports will be accepted if in English language.