Issuance of Request for Qualifications for Design and Construction Services
Date of Issue: January 25, 2023
Rescue Squad Park Synthetic Turf
Pursuant to Section 143-128.1(A) of the North Carolina General Statutes, the Purchasing Department of Lincoln County will be soliciting Statements of Qualifications from qualified Design-Build teams interested in providing professional design and construction services for the renovation of Academy St. and Medical Arts facilities.
7835 Galway Ln., Denver, NC
Project Description and Scope:
Lincoln County is seeking a qualified and experienced synthetic turf firm to provide design-build services that include: design, permitting and construction services for the removal and disposal of existing grass field and the proper installation of artificial turf on the field.
The Design-Builder’s scope of work will include:
- Pre-construction project planning including assistance in the preparation of a schedule, preliminary cost estimate and value engineering measures.
- Preparing site, and plumbing design plans based on Owner’s criteria document and prototype information to include:
- Site Design: demolition and clearing plans, grading and drainage plans, sedimentation and erosion control plans, layout and staking plans, elevations and sections, and construction details.
- Development and refinement of cost estimates and project schedules.
- Construction administration and observation including conferences, bi-weekly site observations and meetings.
- Project closeout, establishment of warranties and guarantees.
Anticipated Project Budget:
Lincoln County estimates an approximate Construction Budget of $1 million dollars for completion of this project including all costs and fees.
Anticipated Project Schedule:
January 26, 2023
Deadline for written questions and clarifications on RFQ
February 6, 2023
Deadline for submission of Statement of Qualifications
February 10, 2023
Owner completes qualification evaluation to establish a shortlist of firms remaining. Owner notifies shortlisted firms and schedules interviews (if required.)
February 24, 2023
Complete interviews of short-listed firms
Notify selected Design-Build firm, begin contract negotiations
County Commission award of contract
April 3, 2023
Notice to Proceed
Design Builder Evaluation / Selection Criteria and Scoring
Each submitter will be evaluated and short-listed based on their Statement of Qualifications score (100 points maximum) as determined through a qualification review process and scoring criteria noted below:
- Design-Build Team Experience and Qualifications - 30 Points
- Proposed Design & Engineering Professionals’ Experience and Qualifications - 25 Points
- Project Understanding and Approach - 20 Points
- Statement of WHY the Design-Build Team should be selected- 10 points
- Minority Business Participation- 5 points
- Deliverable Quality, Project Schedule and Safety Controls - 5 Points
- Statement of Qualifications Quality and Responsiveness – 5 Points
The three most highly qualified Firms/Teams will be shortlisted and may be asked to interview with an evaluation team made up of County employees to help determine final ranking before final selection is made.
Lincoln County Equal Business Opportunity Program
It is the policy of the Lincoln County to provide equal opportunities for County contracting for small firms owned by socially and economically disadvantaged persons doing business in the County’s Contracting Marketplace. It is further the policy of the County to prohibit discrimination against any firm in pursuit of these opportunities, to conduct its contracting activities so as to prevent such discrimination, to correct the present effects of past discrimination and to resolve complaints of discrimination. This policy applies to all professional services categories.
Participation Goals for Design and Professional Services
Based on the specifications outlined for this project, the MWBE participation goal for design and professional services should be 10%.
Participation Goals for Construction
Based on the Cost Estimate outlined for this project, the MWBE participation goal for construction should be 10%.
PROJECT SITE INFORMATION
Rescue Squad Park (Parcel ID 54950) – 31 acre park that consists of two multi-purpose fields. Field 1 is approximately 81,000 sq. ft. (1.86 acres).
Explanation of Project Team by Submitting Design-Build Firms/Teams
Each applicant submitting qualifications for this RFQ shall include an explanation of its Project team which shall consist of either:
- A list of the licensed design professionals, licensed contractors and licensed subcontractors whom the Design-Builder proposes to use for the Project’s design and construction; or
- An outline of the strategy the Design-Builder plans to use for open contractor and sub- contractor selection based upon the provisions of Article 8 of Chapter 143 of the North Carolina General Statutes.
The complete Request for Qualifications (RFQ) may be downloaded directly from this site under Related Documents which is the only official source for this document. Acquiring from a different source could mean that this document has been superseded by a later version. Only those requesting this document from the advertised source will be included on a mailing list for updates. The County is not responsible for any reader’s failure to heed this notice.
A mandatory pre-submittal conference will be conducted on November 29, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. at the County Administration Building, 353 N. Generals Blvd. in Lincolnton, N.C.
All Design-Build Teams shall register with the Purchasing Department by November 30, 2020. Responses to this RFQ from unregistered Design-Build Teams will not be considered. To register, email the Team’s name and address as well as a prime contact name with his/her phone number, e- mail address and fax number to the County contact listed below. Questions, requests for information and responses to this RFQ shall be addressed and delivered to:
John Henry, Facilities Management Director/Purchasing Agent
353 N. Generals Blvd., Lincolnton, NC 28092
ph. 704-736-8478 e-mail:
Sealed proposals must be received by 4:00PM on December 13, 2022
Late Qualifications, amendments and/or responses received after the time and date listed above shall not be considered for evaluation and will be returned to the Respondent unopened.
Lincoln County reserves the right to reject any and all submittals. This RFQ does not obligate the County to pay any cost incurred by respondents in the preparation and submission of a response nor does it obligate the County to accept or contract for any expressed or implied services.