- Boards, Committees and Commissions
- Social Services Board
Lincoln County Social Services Board
Social Services Board
The Lincoln County Department of Social Services is governed by a five-member Board of Directors. Two of the seats are appointed by the State Social Services Commission, two seats are appointed by the Lincoln County Board of County Commissioners, and one seat is appointed by the Social Services Board itself. The Social Services Director reports to this Board.
|Chrystal Hoyle||Chair- Appointed by the Lincoln County Board of Commissioners|
|Alex Patton||Vice Chair- Appointed by the Lincoln County Board of Commissioners|
|Jill Eaddy||Appointed by the Lincoln County Board of Social Services|
|Pastor Luke Johnson||Appointed by the North Carolina Social Services Commission|
|Dr. Sherry Hoyle||Appointed by the North Carolina Social Services Commission|
The Board of Directors can be reached by using the following email address: DSSBoard@lincolncounty.org
Meeting Times & Locations
Social Services Board Meetings are the last Tuesday of each month at 1:30 p.m. in the Social Services Board Room at the Lincoln County Department of Social Services, 1136 E. Main Street, Lincolnton, NC 28092 (mailing address: P.O. Box 130 Lincolnton, N.C. 28093).
NOTE: The date, time and location are subject to change. Please call 704-732-0738 for more information.
Rules for persons addressing the Board of Social Services
Any person wishing to address the Social Services Board may request to be placed on the Social Services Board Meeting Agenda 10 days prior to the next Board meeting date. Requests should be made in writing to the Social Services Board Chairperson and mailed to the post office box above and should state the topic to be addressed. The Board Chair will notify the person making the request if the request is denied due to requirements of confidentiality relating to the topic or if more information is requested.
The Board Chair reserves the right to not recognize any person a) if the agenda item is considered confidential (case information), b) has failed in prior appearances to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner, c) has made comments which were insulting or disrespectful of the Board or staff, or d) other satisfactory reasons within the Board Chair's discretion.
Persons who are recognized may only discuss one topic.
- Must limit statements to five minutes unless the Chair grants a time extension, and limit discussion of a single topic to fifteen minutes regardless of the number of individuals who wish to speak (groups are encouraged to select a spokesperson).
- Each speaker must give his/her name and address at the beginning of his/her address.
- A speaker may address any issue that is appropriate for consideration by the Lincoln County Department of Social Services Board but must conduct himself/herself in a manner consistent with the proceedings and appropriate for the occasion.
- A speaker may direct questions to the Board. No member of the Board or staff will respond directly to or comment on any questions offered. All questions will be recorded and a response prepared either by the Chair on behalf of the Board or by staff as directed by the Chair. Responses will be mailed to the speaker, all members of the Board and any member of the media present at the time the question is posed as soon as reasonably possible.
- The Chair may modify these rules and may adjourn or recess this portion of the meeting at any time.
Rules adopted by the Board of Directors:
Meeting dated April 28, 2020