COVID-19 Vaccination Information
COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments
In light of a change in the demand for the COVID-19 vaccine, the Lincoln County Health Department will be switching to a Monday – Friday vaccine schedule to offer first dose Moderna COVID-19 vaccines to individuals age 18+ beginning on Monday, April 26th.
A third dose of mRNA COVID-19 (Pfizer or Moderna) vaccine is now recommended for moderately and severely immunocompromised people. This priority group consists of patients who self-attest to being moderately to severely immunocompromised. For self-attestation, you should talk to your healthcare provider about your medical condition and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for you. The CDC defines moderately to severely immunocompromised as those who have:
• Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
• Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
• Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
• Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
• Advanced or untreated HIV infection
• Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
Moderna vaccine is available at the Health Department located at 200 Gamble Dr., Lincolnton, NC 28092. If you have insurance, please bring your insurance card with you.
While vaccines provide the best protection from COVID-19, treatment options such as Monoclonal Antibodies are available if you test positive. If taken early, they can reduce the risk of severe disease, hospitalization, and death. Ask your doctor about Monoclonal Antibodies or call the Combat COVID Monoclonal Antibodies Call Center at 1-877-332-6585.
Press Release 8-18-2021 - Third Dose Vaccine Update
Press Release 1-26-2021 - A Message from the Lincoln County Health Director
Press Release 1-25-2021 - Lincoln County Suspends Vaccination Appointment Scheduling
Press Release 1-20-2021 - Lincoln County COVID Vaccine Drive Thru Clinic Schedule is Full
Press Release 1-19-2021 - Lincoln County Announces COVID Vaccine Drive Thru Clinic
Press Release 1-19-2021 - Lincoln County Sets Up COVID-19 Call Center
Press Release 1-06-2021 - Lincoln County Health Department Update on Moderna Vaccine
Press Release 1-04-2021 - Lincoln County Health Department Update on Moderna Vaccine